A VPN (also refers to as Virtual Private Network) is a technique used to add privacy and security to public and private networks, such as the internet and WiFi Hotspots. Most often, large corporations use VPNs to protect their sensitive data. Even though, personal VPN usage is increasingly becoming popular as more interactions that are now transitioning to the internet. A VPN increases privacy because it replaces your initial IP address with theirs. This approach allows the subscribers to obtain an IP address from just any gateway city provided by VPN service. For example, you may reside in New York, but with Virtual Private network, you may appear to live in Florida, Amsterdam, or any other gateway city.
When a PC or any other computing device, such as tablet or Smartphone is connected to a VPN, it will act as if it is actually on the same network as the Virtual Private Network. This means that the subscriber’s network traffic is all sent over a very secure connection to this network. Because your computing device acts as if it is on the network, it lets you securely access all local network resources just from any part of the world. Moreover, subscribers are able to comfortably use the internet as if they were present at the actual VPN’s location. This is very important, especially when using public Wi-Fi connection or wants to accesses certain geo-blocked sites.
Note: We currently recommend NordVPN as the top vpn for 2017. http://www.fastvpnsreviews.com/review/nordvpn/ – learn more about the nordvpn plans / available discounts.
Uses for Virtual Private Networks
• A VPN is a fairly simple and important tool that can be used to do many things. For instance, it can be used to do the following:
• It allows business subscribers to access business networks while traveling. This means that business travelers can use VPNs to access their local network resources while traveling. Since data inst exposed on the internet, this increases security as well.
• It hides the subscribers’ browsing activities from their ISP and local networks. For instance, if you are browsing through a public internet connection, all your browsing activities on non-HTTPS sites can be visible to everyone around you. Connecting to a reliable VPN will allow you to hide your browsing activities for more privacy.
• It also allows individual subscribers to access their home networks while on the road. Subscribers can set up their own VPNs to access their own networks while traveling. This means that you can easily access your remote desktop, play games, and use your local file shares over the internet through this system as if you were on your local area network (LAN).
• VPNs also allow the subscriber to download files from the internet. This can be very useful even if you are downloading legal torrents. You can get faster speeds when downloading through this system.
• It also allows the subscriber to access geo-blocked sites. This means whether you are in USA trying to access a certain account while traveling out of your country/city, you will be able to access all region-restricted services once you connect to a reliable Virtual Private Network located in your country.
Concisely, when you use the internet while connected to your VPN, your computing device contacts the site through a highly encrypted VPN connection. This system forwards the requests for subscribers and the response from the site through a secure connection.